The SKC Biosensor Breakthrough
Sensor-Kinesis’ advanced biosensor technology platform is allowing physicians, health-care organizations and public-safety institutions the ability to detect and quantify the presence of pathogens and disease growth, faster, more accurately and at a lower cost than has ever been possible. The SKC biosensor technology provides rapid analysis of biological materials in order to detect potential disease causing cells and pathogens at a lower development stage than current detection modalities allow. By targeting biomarkers that are specific to known pathogens or cellular disease states, SKC has been able to create a medical technology platform that is able to effectively identify viral agents such as E. coli, Salmonella and Listeria, as well the early stage development of certain cancers.
The SKC biosensor technology not only identifies the presence and quantitative amount of pathogens and cancer-indicating biomarkers in an isolated sample, it delivers the results in seconds or minutes compared to current detection methods. In addition the SKC biosensor technology can operate in a compact one-piece system that is portable and safe. Use of the systems are simple and since all sampling, measurement and analysis is done in a digital environment, results can be instantly shared via highly secured network connections with disease databases, medical and healthcare providers as well as first-responders in the event of a public health issue.
Of high value is the ability of the SKC biosensor technology to provide all this at a cost point that can put this advanced ability in the hands of individual doctors, smaller health care institutions, food and air quality agencies as well as on the ground health providers in remote and isolated locations.
As a result, the SKC biosensor is providing a quantum evolution in new the fight against disease and illness.
SKC Biosensor Technology Benefits
The SKC Biosensor technology offers the provides the following benefits:
- Rapid and accurate detection of infectious pathogens as well as early disease-state cells.
- Targeted detection of specific known biomarkers allows for earlier detection and more reliable results.
- Results are delivered in within seconds or minutes.
- Cost of testing is exponentially less expensive than current testing methods.
- Technology can be housed in single portable devices that allow for setup and testing of samples at any location.
- Sensor/reader technology is completely isolated from suspected contamination or infected sample containers which allows for a safe and reusable platform.
- Technology does not require the use of a specialized lab or technical staff.
- Technology has potential to detect level of a broad spectrum of pathogens or disease states whether in any environment as well as within a human or animal body.
The SKC biosensor technology has far-reaching implications for dramatically advancing the health and safety of individuals, local communities, national populations and the human condition at a global level. Following are just of the areas where this technology can apply:
- Detection of foodborne pathogens including E. coli, Salmonella, and Listeria.
- Detection of airborne pathogens such as Parvovirus, Rhinovirus and Echovirus.
- Detection of waterborne pathogens such as Cholera, Botulism and Typhoid.
- Detection of early stage cancers including Ovarian, Breast and Colon cancer.
- Detection of life-threatening diseases such as Diabetes, Tuberculosis and HIV.
- Detection of neurological diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Dementia and Parkinson’s.
- Assuring food safety from the farm to the kitchen.
- Mitigating potential epidemic disease spread.
- Improving health risks associated with public transportation.
- Eliminating contagions from public and private environments.
- Providing earliest detection possible of disease in an individual when treatment is most effective.